The Bank of England is doing nothing to encourage or control sustainable investments because the government hasn’t made us and it’s not our role. If you want us do that, you have to vote in a government that has sustainability and climate policies in its manifesto.
Answered by: The Bank of England
- Is the free market compatible with solving climate breakdown? If so, how – seeing as resources are concentrated in the hands of so few and to a large extent fossil fuel companies?
- Given the urgency of the climate change situation, what kind of action should be taken to avert environmental catastrophe?
- How about Green Banking? Can / should supervisory authorities use Window Guidance and moral suasion?
- How about the environmental sustainability of the policies of your own institution?
- Why are harmful investments legal?