No state actually pays off their debt – the problem with Greece is that, instead of investing the money we borrowed, we spent it all.
The collected taxes go towards paying Public Sector wages and pensions.
Answered by: Greek Ministry of Finance
- Is Germany profiting from the crisis in Greece?
- Why does the crisis of Turkey and its problems with the Lira affect Greece? Whose fault is this?
- How does ECB monitor Greek Banks?
- All that national debt that states will never pay off – what is the point of it, is it not just an illusion?
- What is the ECB’s role in Greece? What has the ECB done to make the greek debt more sustainable?