Well, I don’t know if there is a point in the world’s states owing more money than what exists in the world. This is just the way it is, but what we need to make sure that when you borrow money, you invest it and not spend it on consumer goods.
The question is not whether a state pays back its full debt, but whether it is capable of repaying enough of them so that it can borrow more money in the future.
Answered by: Greek Ministry of Finance
- Is Germany profiting from the crisis in Greece?
- In Greece, we are paying double taxes and getting nothing back. Where is our money going? What’s the state of our public debt?
- Why does the crisis of Turkey and its problems with the Lira affect Greece? Whose fault is this?
- How does ECB monitor Greek Banks?
- What is the ECB’s role in Greece? What has the ECB done to make the greek debt more sustainable?